Makes 2 loaves
Prep time: 1 hrs 20 mins
1) In a small bowl, add the water, yeast and 1 tsp of the sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix together the flour, remaining sugar and salt.
3) Add the melted butter, milk and yeast mixture, mix it until it comes together, then with the speed on medium, let it knead for about 7 minutes or until you have a smooth dough.
4) Place the dough into an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place it a warm spot to rise and double in volume, about an hour.
5) Divide your dough in half, roll it out to about 10” rectangle, smear the surface with some of the Nutella and roll it tightly like a jelly roll starting from one of the longer sides.
6) Cut the loaf in half lengthwise (the inside will be exposed) and roll it in a two strand braid making sure to pinch the top and bottom ends to seal it, place it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and repeat the same process with the other half of the dough.
7) Cover them loosely with a kitchen towel and place them somewhere warm to rest for about half an hour, meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
8) Bake the bread for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown all around, allow to cool and dig in!!